Bengkung Belly Binding
It takes 9 months to grow a baby, and over this lengthy period our bodies gradually adapt. Our skin stretches, our muscles expand and soften, our organs slowly move out of the way. Then after birth we are left very suddenly, with an excess of space. As our uterus reduces in size, our stretched skin is loose, our abdominal muscles are separated, our core is compromised, and our internal organs must find their way home. Bengkung Belly binding has been a staple of postpartum care in other countries for hundreds of years. This style of wrapping is unique in its ability to cover the hips and core, as well as be totally customizable to your body and needs! We offer a DYI Kit which includes the wrap, healing belly oil, and access to our how-to instructional video, or these items plus an in-home instruction session where you will learn how to use the wrap and enjoy a little pampering. Learn more below!
Packages and Pricing
All Belly Binds are provided in our hand dyed premium batik fabrics.
All you have to do is select your service method.
You can choose between our DIY or In-Home Service option. With the DIY you purchase everything you need to bind yourself! Your own gorgeous batik Belly Bind and Healing Belly Oil Rub, as well as a link to our instructional video to learn the binding basics on your own. This DIY Kit can be picked up in South Colorado Springs, or can be shipped directly to your home.
The In-Home option takes place after baby arrives. A binder will schedule one session to guide you through the basics of self binding, troubleshoot, and leave your session with you professionally wrapped and ready to recover!
Batik DIY Kit - Pickup- $95
Batik DIY Kit - Shipped - $115
Batik In-Home - $195
Moving forward is simple. Book your services today, then text the business line when baby arrives, and we will coordinate the rest.
Not certain you are ready to take the plunge? Give us a call and we can chat out the details! We love answering questions about how to optimize your wellness plans post-birth!
How Does Binding Work?
Every BODY is Different! Every BODY is Beautiful!
How Can Bengkung Binding Help You Feel Your Best?
• Gives support to abdominal muscles while muscles and facia knit together (decreasing Diastasis Recti)
• Encourages skin to tighten and tone (Infused Oils encourage more toning + reduce stetch marks)
• Supports the migration of internal organs
• Expels wind/gas decreasing an “empty” feeling
BACK AND SPINE SUPPORT
• Supports Back and Spine while core remains compromised
• Encourages good posture for nursing mothers prone to slouching due to heavy breasts and core instability
• Can decrease headaches due to back and neck pain
HIPS, PELVIS, PELVIC FLOOR
• This is the ONLY bind that also supports the hips, pelvis, and pelvic floor
• The loosening of the hips and pelvis are necessary for birth however creates instability in the post-birth body
• Stability enables the pelvic floor to heal and strengthen
• Stability decreases pubic/pelvis pain due to SPD
GENERAL COMFORT AND WELLBEING
• Decrease the ooey-gooey feeling reported by mothers
• Decrease the feeling of "emptiness" reported post-birth
• Reduces Postpartum Depression and mood disorders
• Encourages overall healing for long term female health